While it’s a good endeavor to look out for the best football colleges in Montana, it’s sad to know that you just have two options of schools to choose from. Montana is not one of those states that prides itself on a large number of football schools especially for college students.
The limited number of colleges for students interested in football in Montana does not affect the love and adoration occupants of the state accord to football. The spirit of football is still dominant in the state as such if you find yourself schooling in any of these as you would find out later on, you will be sure to get the best experience as a college footballer.
Although we have listed in this guide all you need to know before enrolling into any of the football institutions in Montana. We have taken into account the quality of education the school offered, the presence of athletic facilities and trainers, and the overall performance of students combining sports with academics.
Are There Football Colleges In Montana?
Montana has just two football colleges with active football teams. Only these two schools have the accreditation, coaching ability, and sporting facilities needed to groom college students in their passion for football.
How Much Does It Cost To Attend Any Of The Football Schools In Montana?
Tuition differs from school to school in Montana and some of the time, the program you enroll in also determines the cost of tuition you get to pay.
Because there is no one size fits all tuition plan for all college football players, it’s also best to visit the website of the school you choose and find out how much it will cost you to enroll in the school.
On average, colleges for football in Montana will cost between $20,000 and $28,370.
ALSO READ: 260 Best NAIA Schools By States For Students
What Are The Best Football Colleges In Montana?
Institutions offering football programs are two in Montana. Even though few, we ensured these schools were able to pass critical ranking factors such as the overall quality of the school, the school’s athletic competitiveness, the amount of athletic aid per student, the presence of state-of-the-art facilities, and professional coaches to fan the passion of intending college footballers.
#1. Montana State University
- Location: Bozeman, Montana
- Total number of team players: 113
- Academic progress rate of the team: 950
- Average tuition cost per student per year: $28,264
- Average revenue generated by the team: $9,979,324
- Total net profit/loss after all team expenses: $1,820,028
Montana State University is a fairly large public school and one of Montana’s pride institutions. Over the years, MSU Bozeman as it is popularly called has established a longstanding history of academic excellence. Its sports program is also reckoned with the school’s D1 Men’s Football athletes in every ranking in Montana.
MSU Bozeman football team in their prowess brought in $9,979,324 in revenue after paying off $8,159,296 incurred as expenses for its FCS Men’s Football team, the team is happy to generate $1,820,028 in profit for the school.
While the MSU Bozeman football program is doing well financially, the team also showed remarkable excellence in the academic progress rate of 950. Also, the team number which is currently at 113 is under the guidance and mentorship of one head coach and 10 assistant coaches.
With all these delectable signs and prowess on all ends for the prospective student-athlete, it may also be striking to know that Montana State University is relatively affordable with tuition less than $30,000.
#2. The University of Montana
- Location: Missoula, Montana
- Total number of team players: 120
- Academic progress rate of the team: 961
- Average tuition cost per student per year: $28,476
- Average revenue generated by the team: $9,554,411
- Total net profit/loss after all team expenses: $27,531,871
Generating $9,554,411 in revenue in just a single year is a big deal for any football team. The University of Montana which is a fairly large institution of higher learning didn’t make it to the least of best football colleges in Montana because of its name, its prowess speaks for it.
The University of Montana has an excellent football program which brings its name to the limelight in the ranking of the best schools for D1 Men’s Football athletes in Montana. With a revenue of $9,554,411 generated, the school paid out $6,908,880 in expenses for its FCS Men’s Football team bringing the school a yearly profit of $2,645,531.
Not only is the University of Montana football team doing well financially, but the team is also showing excellence in classroom work as they have an academic progress rate of 961. The 115 all-man team is led by one head coach and 10 assistant coaches who train and lead the players
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Football Colleges In Montana
Why Should I Enroll Into A Football Program In Montana?
Without bias, student footballers are hotcakes in all locations as such they are faced with a lot of good choices and possibilities to pick out before graduation from college.
Aspiring student footballers have everything to gain. Here are some of the benefits of being a student footballer;
- Students get the opportunity to train and participate in real-life football experiences using state-of-the-art facilities and equipment that can help improve an athlete’s performance.
- Also, college coaches are professionals. This means that college footballers get the opportunity to receive guidance and mentorship that will help them in their career from a top professional.
- College football is as real as professional football. Students get the opportunity to play with and against top-tier teams. This can help players develop their skills and gain valuable experience that can be useful in their future football careers.
- Also, student footballers have access to varying academic and career opportunities. Many of these colleges have strong academic programs and can provide support to help students balance their studies with their athletic commitments.
- Besides the advantages that come with graduation as a college footballer, students also get access to scholarships and grants to sponsor their education.
- Some colleges have connections with professional football teams, which can lead to networking opportunities and career development prospects.
- Lastly, college footballers have the tendency to be picked by recruiters if they are good at their craft to join professional teams after graduation.
How do I choose a football college to attend in Montana?
You just get two options when it comes to football colleges in Montana. However, even at that, you ought to make the right choice.
Choosing the right college to attend can be a crucial step in your athletic development. Here are some key steps to take when choosing the best football college in Montana:
- Start by researching the various schools in Montana that offer football programs.
- Verify if they have the course you intend to study.
- Consider the size of the school and its football program.
- Look at the coaching staff and their experience and track record
- Consider the facilities and resources available to football players at each college.
How do I become a footballer in Montana?
If you’re looking to pursue a career in football in Montana, it’s essential to have a solid foundation. First things first, attend one of the best football colleges in the state.
These colleges offer high-quality football programs, experienced coaches, state-of-the-art facilities, and a competitive environment that can help you reach your full potential. Once you’re done with that ensure to tick off all the boxes
- Have strong athletic abilities, including speed, agility, strength, and endurance.
- Possess excellent football skills, including passing, catching, tackling, and blocking.
- Have the drive, determination, and work ethic to succeed in a competitive environment.
By combining these qualities with a solid education from one of the best football schools in Montana, you can increase your chances of achieving your dream of becoming a professional footballer.
Is becoming a footballer a good career choice?
Football is a great sport everywhere you go. As long as you have the passion and determination to pull the strings till the end, you will have nothing to regret.
How many college football teams are in Montana?
There are just two football colleges in Montana however there are 7 college Men’s Football teams in the state.
Making a choice of school can be difficult on its own when you’re looking out for colleges with football programs. If Montana is your best bet, then the schools we have listed above are surety to help you in your studies as well as your football passion.