Searching for the best football colleges in Utah is not so much of a worry as Utah has just a few accredited D1 football schools. What this means is that you have just a few options when it comes to Utah schools for students interested in football. Though few, the good news is any of these schools in this small list is sure to give you the best education and athletics experience.
Here in this guide, we have summed up for you the best football schools in Utah, what makes them unique from each other, and what basis you should choose.
Are There Football Colleges In Utah?
Yes, there are football institutions in Utah ranging from schools with Division I football teams to Division II, and Division III football teams. However, just 6 out of these football schools in Utah are accredited and popular in the state.
5 of the schools in the state compete in Div. I. Three of those schools compete at the FBS level—BYU in Provo, the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, and Utah State in Logan.
What’s The Cost Of Football Schools In Utah?
The good news of studying in Utah besides the credibility of education and a warm and welcoming environment is the affordable tuition cost.
The football team in Utah’s college tuition on average is $18,679. This means, if you’re looking for cheap football colleges in the USA for students interested in football, Utah is a good state to consider first hand.
What You Need To Know About Utah Schools For Students Interested In Football?
Before we go one exploring Utah colleges for football programs these are facts you need to know about these institutions before you make a choice;
- Football colleges in Utah are cheap and the cheapest in the USA.
- Colleges for footballers in Utah have a fine blend of academics and athletics which produces academically and athletically sound students.
- Football institutions in Utah have high financial inflow made by the teams each year.
- Colleges for students interested in football in Utah are few.
- 7 Best Football Colleges In South Dakota -Detailed Guide
- Best Football Colleges In North Dakota – Detailed Guide
- 3 Best Football Colleges In Rhode Island – Detailed Guide
- 7 Best Football Colleges In North Carolina – Detailed Guide
- 10 Best Football Colleges In South Carolina- Detailed Guide
What Are The Best Football Colleges In Utah?
Without further ado, let’s show you the list of schools that made it to the top schools for students interested in football in Utah.
Our choice of institutions was made based on the academic progress rate of the football team in the school, the school’s overall quality, athletic competitiveness, presence of professional coaches and training facilities, availability of scholarships for students, as well as the school’s structure in ensuring students have a fine blend of academics and athletics while in college.
#1. University of Utah
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Total number of team players: 132
- Academic progress rate of the team: 988
- Average tuition cost per student per year: $28,345
- Average revenue generated by the team: $62,643,143
- Total net profit/loss after all team expenses: $30,883,738
The University of Utah is a large public institution with a very large population and one of the most popular schools in Utah with a longstanding history of delivering quality education.
As one of the schools ranked as the best football colleges, you can be sure that the University of Utah has an active football team who generated $62,643,143 in revenue in a single year. After the team cleared its expenses of $31,759,405, the University of Utah can boast of a yearly profit of $30,883,738 for the sports team.
The team which comprises 132 players is kept in shape by one head coach and 10 assistant coaches who ensure the team players are always in shape and fit for footballing activities. While the team is doing well financially, the team members have more than football on their minds, too, as seen by the team’s great academic progress rate of 988. Also, the school has an excellent freshman retention rate of 89%.
#2. Brigham Young University – Provo
- Location: Provo, Utah
- Total number of team players: 133
- Academic progress rate of the team: 946
- Average tuition cost per student per year: $6,120
- Average revenue generated by the team: $25,089,124
- Total net profit/loss after all team expenses: $6,237,774
Besides Brigham Young University being one of the best football schools in Utah, its tuition is incredibly affordable. With a yearly tuition of $6,120, students looking for affordable schools have one on their list.
Brigham Young University is a large private not-for-profit school that is affordable and has one of Utah’s best-functioning football teams. While the team generated a revenue of $25,089,124 in a single year, it spent $18,851,350 in expenses for its Men’s Football team, bringing in $6,237,774 in profit.
Brigham Young University football team is a team of 133 players who are under the custody of a head coach and 10 assistant coaches. It’s good news that the BYU football team has a respectable academic progress rate of 946 which is proof that they don’t ignore the importance of getting a good education. Also, the school has a freshman retention rate of 92% which means that the school does an excellent job of retaining its students.
#3. Utah State University
- Location: Logan, Utah
- Total number of team players: 112
- Academic progress rate of the team: 964
- Average tuition cost per student per year: $23,435
- Average revenue generated by the team: $13,542,393
- Total net profit/loss after all team expenses: $0.00
Utah State University is a good consideration for students looking for football institutions in Utah with a fine blend of academics and athletics for college students. Utah State University is a large public school whose Men’s Football team took home $13,542,393 in revenue.
The USU men’s football team is made up of 112 players who are under the leadership, guidance, mentorship, and training of a head coach and 14 assistant coaches. The coaches ensure that every team member stays in shape and is fit for any competition or footballing activities.
Currently, the football team at Utah State University showed an academic progress rate of 964. While the team made $13,542,393 in revenue, all were used to foot the bills incurred by the team leaving neither loss nor profit recorded.
#4. Southern Utah University
- Location: Cedar City, Utah
- Total number of team players: 102
- Academic progress rate of the team: 953
- Average tuition cost per student per year: $20,542
- Average revenue generated by the team: $4,499,627
- Total net profit/loss after all team expenses: $789,859
Southern Utah University is a public institution with a fairly large population and an active football team. Southern Utah University is also one of Utah’s best institutions however when compared with other football colleges in the state, Southern Utah University is expensive tuition-wise.
On the flip side, the school football team which comprises 102 players is trained and guided by a head coach and 9 assistant coaches who ensure they are in shape. Financially the team generated $4,499,627 in revenue, paid out $3,709,768 in total expenses, and recorded a net profit of $789,859.
It’s also good news that the Southern Utah University football team has an academic progress rate of 953.
#5. Weber State University
- Location: Ogden, Utah
- Total number of team players: 106
- Academic progress rate of the team: 957
- Average tuition cost per student per year: $16,644
- Average revenue generated by the team: $4,357,659
- Total net profit/loss after all team expenses: $0.00
Weber State University is a food consideration for students looking out for a quality school with a football program. Weber State University is a large public institution of higher learning awarding about 2,700 degrees each year.
WSU has an active football team that took home $4,357,659 in revenue in a single year. While that was a huge sum, all were used to pay off the team’s expenses leaving them with no money in their purse. On the flip side, the team’s academic progress rate is 957 which is a good sign that they spend ample time on their studies as well as on the field.
Keep in mind that the Weber State University football team comprises 106 players who are all men led by a head coach and 12 assistant coaches.
#6. Dixie State University
- Location: Saint George, Utah
- Total number of team players: 111
- Academic progress rate of the team: N/A
- Average tuition cost per student per year: $16,986
- Average revenue generated by the team: $1,874,732
- Total net profit/loss after all team expenses: $4,169,658
Dixie State University is a fairly large public school handing out 1,090 bachelor’s degrees each year on average. Dixie has an active football program which enrolls it as one of the best football institutions in Utah.
Currently, the Dixie State University football team is made up of 110 players led by a head coach and 11 assistant coaches who ensure the team players are always in shape and fit for footballing activities.
In a college football year, the Dixie State College football program made $1,874,732 in revenue and spent all of it clearing the expenses incurred by the team. On the positive side, this means the program didn’t lose any money although they made no profit.
Utah is a good state choice for students considering affordable schools whose quality of education is standard. We encourage you while you choose to visit the school website once you’ve chosen which college is fit for you to find out the requirements of the school to give you a background of what to expect for admission.