Alabama is home to a number of excellent Islamic schools, each with its own unique offerings and strengths.
When choosing an Islamic school for your child, it is important to consider your child’s individual needs and learning style, as well as the school’s curriculum, faculty, and facilities.
Here in this guide, we have come up with a list of some of the best Islamic schools in Alabama to help you streamline your options when you’re making a choice.
If the schools in Alabama do not meet your expectations, we recommend you explore our archive of best Islamic schools for options outside of Alabama and other states.
How Many Islamic Schools Are In Alabama?
While there may be a lot of Islamic schools in Alabama, the number of recognized and accredited Islamic colleges in the state is four, all of which are private schools.
Currently, all four islamic private schools serve 449 students in Alabama.
- 20 Best Islamic Schools in Chennai, India.
- 5 Best Islamic Schools In Edmonton, Alberta
- 8 Best Islamic Schools in Scarborough, Canada.
- 8 Best Islamic Schools in Melbourne To Get Into
How Difficult Is It To Get Into Islamic Colleges In AL?
Each islamic school in the state has its own admission requirement and acceptance rate.
However, from research conducted by Private School Review, the average acceptance rate of Islamic schools in AL is 100%. This is higher than the Alabama private school average acceptance rate of 90%.
How Do I Choose the Best Islamic School For A Child?
There are a lot of factors to put into consideration when choosing a religious-affiliated school for your child. When choosing an Islamic school, these are the key considerations that will help you make a good choice;
1. School Curriculum
What subjects are offered? Is the curriculum aligned with the state’s standards? Does the school offer Islamic classes? How well do they integrate the courses and their application into the curriculum?
The school’s curriculum will help you know the strength of the school to teach the students the core of Islam.
Are the teachers qualified and experienced? Do they have a strong understanding of Islam? How many teachers are in charge of the students?
This will give you an idea of who you will be leaving your ward to and how well they can help them grow.
Another key consideration to make when choosing the best islamic school is the school’s facilities.
Are the classrooms and other facilities clean and well-maintained? Does the school have facilities enough to cater to extracurricular activities?
Is the school conveniently located? How far is it from home? Is the location crime-free and safe?
How much does the school cost? Are there financial aid options available?
It is also important to visit the school in person and talk to the teachers and administrators. This will give you a chance to get a feel for the school’s atmosphere and culture.
What Are The Best Islamic Schools in Alabama?
Helping you find the perfect school for you is our plan here at Ziiky. As such we have done our research and come up with the best Islamic colleges in Alabama.
Our choice of schools was made based on the overall quality of the school, the universal rankings of the school, and the structure of the school to ensure the students are equipped in character and learning.
1. Islamic Academy of Huntsville
- Grades: PK-5
- No of Students: 56 students
- Contact Address: (256) 722-9838
- Location: 1645 Sparkman Dr. Nw, Huntsville, AL 35816
The Islamic Academy of Huntsville (IAH) is a PreK-12 school located in Huntsville, Alabama. The school offers a rigorous academic program that is aligned with Alabama state standards. In addition to core academic subjects, students also receive instruction in Islamic studies, Arabic language, and Quran memorization.
IAH is known for its strong emphasis on character education. The school’s mission is to “develop students who are academically excellent, morally upright, and spiritually grounded.” IAH students are required to participate in daily prayers and weekly Islamic studies classes.
One of the reasons to consider to Islamic Academy of Huntsville is that students get to participate in extracurricular activities such as the Quran club, the Arabic club, and the Muslim Student Association.
Why enroll in the Islamic Academy of Huntsville?
- IAH offers a rigorous college preparatory program that helps students prepare for success in higher education.
- IAH has small class sizes, which allows teachers to provide individualized attention to students.
- The school offers a dual language program in English and Arabic. This program allows students to develop fluency in both languages.
- The school is a SACS-CASI accredited Islamic Elementary level school.
2. Iqra Math and Science Academy
- Grades: 1-12
- No of Students: 72 students
- Contact Address: (256) 283-0568
- Location: 1821 Mccall Dr. Anniston, AL 36207
Iqra Math and Science Academy (IMSA) is a K-8 school located in Anniston and one of the best islamic schools in Alabama. The school is known for its strong focus on STEM education especially in advanced math and science courses while taking other core academic subjects.
While the school is academically conscious, IMSA is also known for its strong emphasis on Islamic character education as the school’s mission is to “raise a generation of Muslim leaders who are grounded in their faith and excel in their academic and professional pursuits.
IMSA students are required to participate in daily prayers and weekly Islamic studies classes. They are also encouraged to participate in extracurricular activities such as the Quran club, the science club, and the math club.
Why enroll in Iqra Math and Science Academy?
- IMSA has a strong focus on STEM education.
- The school is known for its strong emphasis on Islamic character education.
- Students participate in extracurricular activities as well as in the Islamic prayers.
- The school is an Islamic Boarding School.
ALSO READ: 6 Best Film Schools In Alabama 2023
3. Al-Iman Academy of Mobile
- Grades: PK-12
- No of Students: 92 students
- Contact Address: (251) 380-2998
- Location: 63 East Dr, Mobile, AL 36608
Al-Iman Academy of Mobile (AIM) is a PreK-12 school located in Mobile, Alabama known for its strong focus on Islamic education. In addition to core academic subjects, students also receive instruction in Islamic studies, Arabic language, and Quran memorization.
Al-Iman Academy of Mobile’s unique offerings are the strong emphasis the school places on community service projects each year. The school’s mission is to “develop students who are academically excellent, morally upright, and socially responsible.”
While AIM students participate in community service projects, they also participate in extracurricular activities such as the Quran club, the Arabic club, and the Muslim Student Association.
Why enroll in Al-Iman Academy of Mobile?
- AIM is known for its strong emphasis on community service.
4. Islamic Academy of Alabama
- Grades: PK-12
- No of Students: 229 students
- Contact Address: (205) 870-0422
- Location: 1810 25th Ct S, Birmingham, AL 35209
The best top-ranked islamic private school in Alabama is Islamic Academy Of Alabama. The school is a PreK-12 school located in Montgomery, Alabama known for its rigorous academic program and its strong focus on Islamic values.
The student-teacher ratio at Islamic Academy Of Alabama is 10:1 and the school’s religious affiliation is Islamic.
Why enroll in the Islamic Academy of Alabama?
- IAA offers a dual language program in English and Arabic. This program allows students to develop fluency in both languages.
- The school offers a variety of AP courses, which allow students to earn college credit while still in high school.
- IAA’s Islamic studies program is one of the most comprehensive in the country.
- Islamic Academy of Alabama is the best Islamic school in Alabama.
How Much Does It Cost To Enroll Into The Best Islamic Schools In Alabama?
The cost of tuition differs from school to school as a lot of factors determine how much students get to pay for classes. In Alabama, the Islamic Academy of Alabama’s annual tuition is $495.
While the cost of other schools is not specified, we recommend that you visit the school’s website once you’ve made a choice of school and find out what the cost of tuition is at your time of application.
Finding the perfect school that embodies academics and religion can be daunting. However, we believe our guide above will help you find the school fit for your ward in Alabama.
Do not forget to consider your child’s individual needs and learning style, as well as the school’s curriculum, faculty, facilities, and location.