Are you a Nigerian searching for AGIP scholarship in Nigeria?
Students searching for how to study in Nigeria on scholarship should shoot their applications to the Nigerian AGIP oil company scholarship for this academic year.
Scholarships in Nigeria assist the average student financially and also mentally boosts them to high academic performance, this is because one of the eligibility requirements of these scholarships in Nigeria is maintaining high grades each session so as to retain them.
So if you are searching for how to study in Nigeria on scholarship, in this article you will learn how to complete the application for the Nigerian AGIP Oil Company Scholarships; the eligibility requirements, courses, the value of the financial grant, etc.
A special welcome to Best Study Abroad Countries, your favorite growing education portal with consistent and concise education-related updates, please subscribe by clicking the bell icon.
What is the AGIP SCHOLARSHIP?
AGIP scholarship is an oil company scholarship in Nigeria that supports students financially, its name; Azienda Generale Italiana Petroli (AGIP) was taken after an Italian oil dealer who retails automotive gasoline, diesel, LPG, lubricants, fuel oil, and bitumen established in 1926.
The Nigerian AGIP Oil Company (NAOC) turned out to become a subsidiary of the multinational petroleum company. There are also scholarships that are provided by multinationals amongst which include;
- Shell scholarship
- Addax scholarship
- Chevron scholarship
- Total scholarship
- NNPC scholarship, etc.
Eligibility For The AGIP Scholarship | Documents Needed
Check out the requirements of this oil company scholarship in Nigeria and know if you are qualified before you apply, so you don’t go about applying when you are not eligible.
The Nigerian AGIP Oil Company Scholarship is a selective scholarship hosted in Nigeria and is designed for undergraduate students in their first year or level who are admitted in any accredited tertiary institutions in the country.
Beneficiaries of the AGIP scholarship and intending applicants who wish to study in Nigeria on scholarship must show zeal in their high academic performance.
Make sure you scan copies of these documents below, because you will have to upload them when you are applying for the award.
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- School ID Card
- O’level Certificate
- Admission Letter
- National Identification Number (NIN) – Click here to register if you don’t have one yet.
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Local Government Area of Origin
- Letter from Community Paramount Ruler
- Letter from CDC Chairman
- JAMB Result
You will have to provide a valid email address and phone number, this is how you can be contacted.
Category of Awards
These awards are categorized in the order below;
- Host Communities Merit Award – This is for applicants strictly from the Nigerian AGIP Oil Company Host Communities
- National Merit Award – All applicants who are not members of the host communities are in this category.
For the Host Communities
For the host communities’ award, only Indigenes of the Nigerian AGIP Oil Company in the communities listed below can apply:
- Delta and
- Imo State
For the National Merit Award
To be eligible for this National Merit Award, you MUST be studying any of the listed courses:
- Geosciences and
- Agricultural Science
This Agip scholarship is not for you if are:
- A Second year or 200 level students and above
- A current beneficiary of similar grants from other Companies and Agencies
- A dependant of NAOC/NAE/AENR
AGIP Scholarships Application Procedures
Before you start your application, verify that all your documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents during upload.
Also make sure that your name tallies with all your official documents, otherwise, you will need to upload a sworn affidavit or certificate to prove it.
How to Apply for this AGIP oil company scholarship in Nigeria;
Follow these steps that have been carefully carved out to enable you to complete your Agip scholarship application,
- Visit scholastica.ng to create an account fill in your details
- Upload the required documents carefully
- Submit and print your application form and send it to your H.O. D to sign
- Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile this would be used for verification.
Nigerian AGIP Oil Company Scholarship Deadline
The deadline for the application for NAOC Undergraduate Scholarships this year is April 30th.
Note: Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board
Advice on how to win the AGIP Scholarship
- Carefully check the details you are providing for the application, as you cannot re-edit after you have submitted it.
- Avoid multiple applications; your application can be canceled.
- Early application is key; one of the success secrets of these scholarship beneficiaries is that they applied earlier.
- Prepare for the opportunity with faith, get past questions and answers, and study from your successors.
- Get a mentor: Find someone who has the experience and reach out to them for assistance, experience is always the best teacher, leverage from their experience.
- Should you win, try so hard to maintain a good CGPA, as this is key to you retaining the award.
Frequently Asked Questions About AGIP Scholarship
What is the procedure for applying for the Nigerian AGIP Oil Company Scholarship?
If you meet the conditions for the scholarship, please fill out the application form found in the scholarship advertisement’s online application link.
Who is eligible for the AGIP Scholarship?
Only university undergraduates in their first year. The applicant must have been accepted for the academic year
Can I change my profile details?
Yes, you certainly can. After you’ve submitted your application, go to your Scholastica profile, click on “My Account,”, then click on “My Messages.” You’ll be taken to a website where you can write a message to the scholarship administrator directly, detailing your changes.
The changes will be made, and you will receive a confirmation email.
How do I know my application has been received?
When you submit an application online, you will receive an email confirmation of receipt.
Please be aware that your email provider may consider this confirmation email to be spam, so check your trash or spam folders for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can check the status of your application by going to your profile.
Is it compulsory to get my NIN before I submit my application?
No, it is recommended that you apply before the deadline and then update your profile once you have received your NIN.
- Al-Istiqamah Scholarship for Kano Students: Fully Funded, Apply Now
- Agbami Scholarships – How To Apply: Eligibility, fees [UPDATED]
- How To Apply For Scholarships In Canada
- Top 30+ Unclaimed Scholarships in Canada – Highest Paying
- 13 Best List Of Nursing Schools In Nigeria: How To Apply Now
- Top 20 NGO Scholarships in Nigeria and How To Apply
- Apply for University of Tokyo GSC Scholarship 2022-2023
- 10 Best Study Abroad Countries| Most Affordable
- Top 20+ Scholarships in Japan for International Students (+fully Funded)
There are many undergraduate scholarships in Nigeria, the Agip scholarship is just one of them. In this guide, we talked about how to apply for this award, we wish you success.
However, to increase your chances of winning a scholarship in Nigeria, apply for as many as you are eligible. This brings us to the end of this article.
Does this article meet your immediate needs?
Please tell us how you feel about this article in the comment box.
Thank you so much for reading this article, we really do appreciate it.
We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring!