Are you searing Undergraduate scholarships in Nigeria?
Due to various financial difficulties especially in Nigeria, students who wish to further their education are always searching for these grants or scholarship awards to study in Nigeria or even out of the country.
Reasons like these are why some good-hearted companies, individuals, NGOs and even the federal government organize undergraduate scholarships in Nigeria to assist these students who have the hunger to study but are not buoyant enough.
Also, Read the Top 20 NGO scholarships in Nigeria.
And if you are interested in scholarship opportunities in Nigeria, our team has compiled this article for you. Without wasting much time, let’s head straight to business.
What are Undergraduate Scholarships In Nigeria?
An Undergraduate scholarship refers to the money paid to cover a part of the tuition and attendance costs of an undergraduate program at a college/university.
In Nigeria, after secondary school, students who go to University to further their education in an undergraduate program can receive financial grants from benevolent organizations, these grants can cover some of their fees.
Undergraduate scholarships in Nigeria are meant to support the education of students at the undergraduate level.
How can I get scholarships in Nigeria?
How to get scholarships deals with your preparation for the award program, your preparation for scholarships starts a year before the scholarships are taken.
Most of these education boards offer scholarships to a large number of students yearly.
Check out these ten steps to getting a scholarship in Nigeria.
- Prepare ahead of time
- Research About Additional Opportunities
- Understand The Eligibility Requirements
- Consider the smaller awards too
- Have a good Reference/ Attestation Letter
- Study the T&C of each award
- Passion And Personality
- Do The Research
- Apply for as many as possible
- Get Creative
Documents Required For Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
Just like any scholarship program in any part of the world, in other to be eligible to enroll for Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria, intending applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants should have a School ID Card.
- Birth Certificate.
- Have a recent passport photograph.
- JAMB Result.
- National Identification Number (NIN). This is optional in most cases.
- Local Government of Origin identification.
- Obtain an Admission Letter (From School or JAMB)
- O’level Result.
Some undergraduate scholarships in Nigeria are totally free and at no cost to apply.
However, these University scholarships have eligibility criteria you must satisfy for you to be qualified for the scholarships.
Now, let’s see the list of Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria and apply for the awards.
List of the Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
Check out this list of Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria and what makes each of them unique.
- Agbami Scholarship
- Agip Scholarship
- Alex Otti Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship
- Al-Istiqamah University Scholarship for Kano State Indigene
- Bishop Oyedepo Undergraduate Scholarship
- Federal Government BEA Scholarship for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students
- FOCI Undergraduate Scholarship
- Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship
- Guinness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship for Nigerian Students
- JIM Ovia Foundation Scholarship at Covenant University
- KPMG University Scholarship
- Mid Western Oil and Gas JV Scholarship for Nigerian Undergraduates
- MTN Foundation Scholarship Scheme for Undergraduate Students
- NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship
- NNPC/Chevron Nigeria Limited JV National University Scholarship Award
- NNPC/Eroton JV Undergraduate Scholarship
- NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship for Undergraduate Students
- NNPC/TOTAL Undergraduate Scholarship
- NPDC/SEPLAT Scholarship for Undergraduate
- PTDF Scholarship for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Nigerian Students
- SEPLAT JV Undergraduate Scholarship for Nigerian Students
- Shell Joint Venture Scholarship for Undergraduate Students in Nigeria
- Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship for Nigerian Students
Agbami Scholarships Program
Star Deep and its Agbami partners offer the “Agbami Medical and Engineering Professionals Scholarship” to FULL-TIME Year 1 and Year 2 undergraduates of Nigerian origin studying approved courses in universities or other relevant institutions within Nigeria.
Beneficiaries are awarded a one-time financial aid.
Agip Oil Company Undergraduate Scholarships
The Nigerian Agip Oil Company Limited offers the “Tertiary Institutions Scholarship Awards Scheme” to FULL-TIME Year 1 undergraduate Nigerians in Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria.
The awards are of 2 categories – the Host Communities Merit Award and the National Merit Award. The application deadline is usually in March.
Alex Otti Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship
This is a foundation scholarship built for charitable purposes, therefore upon completion of studies, the successful candidates should apply their talents and knowledge to improving the lives of others over time.
The Foundation expects its scholarship beneficiaries to help in the development of Abia State in particular and Nigeria in general.
Al-Istiqamah University Scholarship for Kano State Indigene
The Al-Istiqamah Scholarship is one of the fully-funded scholarships in Nigeria in partnership with the A. RANO foundations by the Al-Istiqamah University for Kano State Indigene.
David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship
This is one of the fully funded undergraduate scholarships in Nigeria for students in their 100 and 200 levels.
Frequently Asked Questions About Nigerian Scholarships
What are the Sources of Nigerian Scholarships?
As we said earlier, some of the Nigerian scholarships are funded by the Federal Government, State Government, Oil companies like Chevron, Non-profit organizations, and even private individuals.
How difficult is it to get a Scholarship in Nigeria?
Every year, scholarship boards in Nigeria record a new set of award winners, and at the same time, many applications are rejected.
So is it hard to get scholarships in Nigeria?
Yes, it is never difficult to get a Scholarship in Nigeria because it is very systematic, however, it is very possible to get scholarships in Nigeria even at all levels; undergraduate scholarships in Nigeria, Masters, and Ph.D. if you understand how to get the scholarships.
Conclusively, there are many Undergraduate scholarships in Nigeria, we want you to have many options and that is the idea behind this article.
Finally, you can apply to as many scholarships as possible and ensure to send in your applications early.