Education is a powerful tool that can shape the future, and scholarships play a significant role in providing deserving students with opportunities to pursue their dreams.
The Québec Perspective Scholarship is a remarkable initiative offered by the Government of Québec and various partner institutions to support eligible college or university programs that focus on increasing the number of qualified individuals in essential public services and strategic economic sectors experiencing workforce shortages.
In this blog post, we will explore the eligible programs of study, the eligibility requirements, the application process, and more.
Québec Perspective Scholarship: An Overview
The Québec Perspective Scholarship Program was introduced alongside Opération main-d’œuvre on November 30, 2021.
As a significant investment of $1.7 billion over a period of four years, this program aims to incentivize students to pursue diplomas in fields that address workforce shortages in critical economic sectors prioritized by the government.
The primary objective of the scholarship program is to foster education in sectors with high demand for skilled professionals.
By aligning education with workforce needs, the Québec Perspective Scholarship Program aims to create a skilled and diverse workforce, ensuring a prosperous future for both students and the province.
- Apply for Dermadry Hyperhidrosis Scholarship in Canada: Best Guide
- Apply for American Indian Education Fund Graduate Scholarship: Best Guide
- Apply for Alexander Rutherford Scholarship in Canada: Best Guide
- Apply for Loretta Saunders Community Scholarship Fund: Best Guide
- Apply for Retail as a Career Scholarship Program In Canada: Best Guide
Eligible Programs of Study
The scholarship covers a wide range of programs of study across disciplines. Eligible fields may include, but are not limited to:
- Science and Engineering: Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, and more.
- Social Sciences and Humanities: Psychology, Sociology, History, Political Science, Economics, Linguistics, and more.
- Health Sciences: Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Biomedical Sciences, and more.
- Arts and Culture: Fine Arts, Literature, Film Studies, Music, Theater, and more.
- Business and Management: Finance, Marketing, International Business, Entrepreneurship, and more.
Download the detailed list of eligible programs of study for the Québec Perspective Scholarship Program.
Who is eligible for the Quebec Perspective Scholarship?
To be eligible for the Québec Perspective Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Citizenship Status: Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident.
- Residency: Be considered a Québec resident.
- Program of Study: Be enrolled in a targeted college or university program (PDF 430 Kb).
- Scholarship Status: Not be a beneficiary of the Excellence Scholarships for Students in Education Programs program during the period covered by your application.
- Have completed full-time or part-time study terms.
- Study Term Limit: Adhere to the maximum number of eligible study terms based on your level of education.
N/B: You will be deemed eligible if you have successfully obtained the minimum number of hours or credits required by the scholarship program.
Meeting this minimum requirement entitles you to the scholarship, even if you happen to fail one of your courses.
Your overall eligibility is determined based on meeting the specified academic criteria, ensuring you have an opportunity to benefit from the scholarship despite any minor setbacks.
How much is the Quebec Perspective scholarship?
The value of the Quebec Perspective scholarship is $1500 at the college level and $2500 at the university level.
You can apply for the Québec Perspective Scholarship in two (2) ways;
- Applying online
- Applying via mail.
For more information, visit the official link.
Renewal of your scholarship application is not automatic. Therefore, after successfully completing each full-time or deemed full-time study term in your program, you must submit a new application until you complete your program.
- Fall term: February 28
- Winter term: July 31
- Summer term: October 31
To complete your application, you will need the following information:
- Your permanent code (consisting of 4 letters and 8 digits)
- Your social insurance number
- The name of your program of study and your educational institution
- Your banking information
The Québec Perspective Scholarship represents a remarkable opportunity for international students to pursue their academic aspirations and contribute to Québec’s diverse and vibrant community.
By supporting talented individuals from around the world, Québec continues to build a strong foundation for a brighter and more inclusive future.
Aspiring scholars are encouraged to research the available scholarships and diligently follow the application process for their chosen programs.
The Québec Perspective Scholarship paves the way for a world-class education and a transformative experience in one of Canada’s most dynamic and welcoming provinces.